Dependable Dental Implants in Pleasant Hill
Missing teeth are not only an inconvenience, but they can also significantly impact your quality of life. At Smile Design, we're passionate about restoring your smile's functionality and improving your confidence through dental implants. Our practice, led by Dr. Dia Basha, has the experience and capability to provide you with comprehensive treatment, including implant placement, implant-supported restorations, and pretreatment procedures.
We've had the privilege of providing quality dental implants to Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, and Lafayette residents since 2004. Contact us or stop by our office to schedule your next visit! Our team looks forward to creating a long-lasting relationship with you.
CALL US: (925) 945-7500 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Anatomy of a Dental Implant
Dental implants are artificial posts that replace your tooth's root. They're typically composed of durable and body-safe materials like titanium or titanium alloy. Dental implants consist of:
- The Implant Post
- The Abutment
- The Restoration
Our Pleasant Hill dental implant process involves surgically placing the implant post into your jawbone. The abutment is then attached to the top of the implant post and rests just above the gum line, connecting the post to the restoration. The final component of a dental implant is the restoration, a dental prosthetic consisting of one or more artificial teeth designed to look and feel as natural as possible.
Why Choose Our Practice
The dental team at Smile Design is comprised of experienced dental professionals, including an oral surgeon. That's why we're able to offer comprehensive dental implant treatment, from placement to restoration. Our dental office is equipped with computer-guided oral surgery to increase the efficiency of dental implant placement and decrease the time you spend in the exam chair.
Our entire team works hard to make dental implants accessible for all patients. We understand that some patients may face anxiety about visiting the dentist, which is why we offer oral sedation for a more relaxing visit. In addition, we are committed to making our services affordable, which is why we offer CareCredit® as a flexible financing option.
Which Is the Right Restoration for Me?
Once we've determined that you're an ideal candidate for dental implants, our dentist will go over our restorative options. Depending on how many teeth you're missing, some restorations may be more appropriate than others. During this time, he'll also answer any questions you may have. Our restorative offerings include:
- Crowns: This restoration replaces a single missing tooth.
- Bridges: A bridge is an excellent option to replace several missing teeth in a row.
- Dentures: We offer both implant-supported and snap-on dentures to replace entire arches of teeth.
At Smile Design, we're proud to offer All-on-Four implant-supported dentures. Compared to traditional implant-supported dentures, which typically use six implant posts, this restorative option uses four, minimizing the extent of oral surgery. An additional benefit of All-on-Four dentures is that they stimulate the jawbone and prevent bone loss.
During the interim period where your dental implant restoration is being made, we'll provide you with immediate dentures. We can place them immediately after your dental implant placement. Immediate dentures allow you to speak and chew up to the day you receive your dental implant restoration.
Preparing for Implant Treatment
Before beginning implant treatment, our dentist will conduct a thorough oral exam to determine the condition of your smile and if pretreatment is necessary. During this time, we encourage you to ask questions. Some of the criteria we'll weigh include:
- Medical issues and medications: It's critical that we extensively review your medical history and any medications you're currently taking. Specific autoimmune diseases, including arthritis and diabetes, can delay healing and cause postoperative complications. We're committed to your safety and will find the best course of action for safe dental implantation.
- Your jawbone health: Your jawbone plays a crucial role in the success of dental implantation. If you have weak or brittle bone, your dental implant may not have a secure hold. Our Pleasant Hill dental implant pretreatments include bone grafts and sinus lifts. Both procedures increase the density of your bone but differ in the location they improve.
- The condition of your teeth: If you have damaged or severely decayed teeth, extraction may be necessary. If you're hesitant about the procedure, our dentist will break down what it entails and how we'll make the process as smooth as possible. In addition, our skilled oral surgeon has successfully performed countless extractions and brings a wealth of experience to each procedure.
Rejuvenating Smiles with Dental Implants in Pleasant Hill
When it comes to restoring the beauty and functionality of your smile, Smile Design is the place for you. Whether you're missing a single tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants may be the perfect solution for you. Contact us today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Basha and take the first step toward dental implants in Pleasant Hill.
CALL US: (925) 945-7500 REQUEST APPOINTMENT